Remove this ad

MarkCam24

Veteran Player

Lead

Jan 30 13 10:10 AM

Tags : :

I'm just curious as to what everyone feels is most important in a team, the players, the owner playing the games, both, luck?

I think it's most importantly the owner. I feel that a good player can win with sub-par teams. However, in order to be elite they need to be a good player with a good team. The catch-22 in this game is that if you're a good player, you win more, you get more XP, your players become better, and then you win even more. The rich keep getting richer while the teams that are struggling a bit have no real way of catching up (besides like 1 draft pick per year where they can get an elite guy early).

Thoughts?

What Makes the Team? (Result)

'13 AFC E Champs 12-4
'14 AFC E Champs 16-0

PB: Manuel (2-QB(2), OROY), Spiller (RB), Johnson (2-WR), Goodwin (2), Chandler, Glenn (OL), Urbik, Wood (2), Hairston, Sanders, M. Williams (DL), McCord, Dareus, D. Williams (2 DROY, DB)

Alonso DPOY

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 30 13 10:20 AM

Re: What Makes the Team?

I would say owners. I've played in the past against people who were so crazy good (yet still playing SIM)
that I could have been playing with an all-decades team and they could be playing with second stringers from the worst madden team and they could still win consistently by 2 scores.

I think it is even more important in connected careers because you can take a very substandard team and really build them into something you really like in under 2 seasons. You have much more control over players and who you keep and how they progress.

It always helps to have better players but the person behind the controller is what makes all the difference.

Quote    Reply   

StrokeMyBigEgo

#2 [url]

Jan 30 13 12:30 PM

I think everyone is forgetting good ol lady luck. I think it plays a big role in determining games sometimes.

Seattle Seahawks
2013 NFC West Champions

Quote    Reply   

MarkCam24

#3 [url]

Jan 30 13 2:01 PM

Wundrbread33 wrote:
StrokeMyBigEgo wrote:
I think everyone is forgetting good ol lady luck. I think it plays a big role in determining games sometimes.

Like Cam Newton tripping with 13 seconds to go, no timeouts, in field goal range, in the NFC Championship game?

...this I will never forget...what a great game though.

Wish someone would have recorded that battle. Would have loved to have seen it.

'13 AFC E Champs 12-4
'14 AFC E Champs 16-0

PB: Manuel (2-QB(2), OROY), Spiller (RB), Johnson (2-WR), Goodwin (2), Chandler, Glenn (OL), Urbik, Wood (2), Hairston, Sanders, M. Williams (DL), McCord, Dareus, D. Williams (2 DROY, DB)

Alonso DPOY

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 30 13 2:40 PM

It's a combination of owner, players, and luck. Probably looking at a ratio of around 55:15:30 (owner, players, luck). I definitely think there are some positions in this game where ratings are pretty meaningless (QB, WR, & CB). Then, there are some positions (and certain attributes at those positions) that will make or break you. Most importantly, if you have a TE who is fast and/or can catch, you always have an advantage. If you have a speedy HB, you're in good shape (sometimes I'd rather have Jeff Demps than Arian Foster). Having a fast MLB can be a huge advantage as well (play with Patrick WIllis if you haven't yet). However, none of this will mean anything if you don't know your playbook and know what works in this game. Moreover, an owner who can user a player on D can shut down a lot of offenses (see MarkCam and Jarius Byrd haha). Then, there's the ol' madden luck. You know, that kind of bs where you fumble the opening kickoff or your opponents CB's know the routes better than the WR's the entire game. Personally, I'm fine with getting blown out by a player if I know they're just way better than me, but the luck aspect of it all pisses me off the most.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help