Remove this ad

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

Site Admin

Lead

May 21 13 1:18 PM

Tags : :

So I just watched the reveal. The connected living room stuff is kind of cool.

The design of the Xbox and especially the Kinect is horrible. If you want people to display something like this in their living room (especially nongamers) it shouldn't be so ugly.

I'll link to a replay of the broadcast if they ever put up a link to it.

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears
Season 1: 8-8
Season 2: 12-4
Season 3: 5-11
Season 4: 13-3
Season 5: 10-6

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

StrokeMyBigEgo

#2 [url]

May 21 13 6:20 PM

Re: Xbox One

I agree the look isn't very good. Excited about new games and having better graphics, but cautious of the actual execution of everything. The online only and always on rumors have me leery.

Seattle Seahawks
2013 NFC West Champions

Quote    Reply   

Steelosick

#3 [url]

May 22 13 1:56 AM

It doesn't have to be always on apparently. The ps4 has a better processor though...disappointing

From Chitown to Miami fool.

Da Bears --- The U is back!

Quote    Reply   

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

#4 [url]

May 23 13 5:28 PM

I hadn't seen anything about the new Xbox's processor yet. Of course that could be a clue in of itself.

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears

Quote    Reply   

Steelosick

#6 [url]

May 24 13 4:00 AM

And btw, I meant the RAM, not the processor. I read the article in haste that day. I think both processors will be pretty consistent.

From Chitown to Miami fool.

Da Bears --- The U is back!

Quote    Reply   

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

#7 [url]

May 24 13 11:01 AM

Steelosick wrote:
And btw, I meant the RAM, not the processor. I read the article in haste that day. I think both processors will be pretty consistent.

I don't know a heck of a lot about the difference between DDR3 and GDDR5, but my understanding is this: Because MS desigened the next xbox to do a lot more than just have awesome gaming graphics they needed a low latency ram and that is why they went with DDR3, but DDR3 is low bandwidth. My understanding is GDDR5 is great for graphics but makes terrible system (CPU) ram because it is high latency high bandwith. And DDR3 is great as system ram. With the next xbox being able to run multiple applications at the same time and being able to switch between then DDR3 was a must, just like it is in a PC. MS has stuffed in a little eDRAM in order to make up for some of the low bandwidth of DDR3.

Sony also has a better GPU I think.

I suspect early generation games will look pretty much the same late generationg games my look better on PS4, game designers often make games for the lowest denominator though. I think GDDR5 is fairly expensive so how that will effect sony I dunno.

I was hoping for a bigger HD on the new xbox.

I think at the end of the day the two consoles won't be that different, and it will come down to marketing.

I'm kind of stoked about having a built in DVR so we can record more games. I hope you will be able to transfer these recorded games to a PC for editing.

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 10 13 4:12 PM

I hate to say it, but I don't think i'll be getting an xbox 1. The having to be online thing makes me feel like I'm letting big brother in my living room.

I'm going with the PS4, whenever it comes out.

TN Titans - Superbowl or bust

Stephen

Quote    Reply   

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

#9 [url]

Jul 14 13 8:42 PM

G3t Shot wrote:
I hate to say it, but I don't think i'll be getting an xbox 1. The having to be online thing makes me feel like I'm letting big brother in my living room.

I'm going with the PS4, whenever it comes out.

They back tracked on the having to be online thing, and its not longer the case. Many people think it was a plus though because then you could share your games with friends and play your game library on any xbox in the world. none of that is true anymore since they went back to the way everything is for the 360.

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears

Quote    Reply   

StrokeMyBigEgo

#10 [url]

Jul 14 13 9:35 PM

So glad to see that this was changed. I am now pretty sure I am getting the Xbox One.

Seattle Seahawks
2013 NFC West Champions

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jul 17 13 9:58 PM

Yea, apparently they backtracked on the not being able to buy pre owned games too. However, I've read that virtually everything about the ps4 will be better. From graphics to controller capabilities to the PS4 eye (kinect).

Xbox 1's backtracking may get me back on the fence before the release dates, but as of now I'm still planning on a ps4.

BUT, I'm still getting madden 25 for 360, so I'm looking forward to another year with the league.

Stephen

Quote    Reply   

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

#12 [url]

Aug 8 13 2:17 PM

Xbox One will now include a headset, afterall.

[youtube]lbrmAsxJPv4[/youtube]

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears

Quote    Reply   

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

#14 [url]

Aug 8 13 4:34 PM

Yeah, by making the power brick huge than can claim the box itself is small. Soon we will need to plug them into a 240 V outlet.

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears

Quote    Reply   

MarkCam24

#16 [url]

Aug 9 13 8:10 AM

For the first time I will not be buying the new Xbox within the first few weeks of release. I can remember when XBox came out and I had to meet a guy in a gas station parking lot to buy one out of his trunk because they were sold out everywhere. I'm sure it was one that just "fell off a truck", but I didn't care. However, I'm going with PS4 this time. I buy my console's for gaming, and all reports seem to agree that the PS4 is the better gaming console at this point. Plus it's $100 cheaper and they didn't even attempt that B.S. that microsoft tried to pull off. Oh, and did I mention the fact that I've had to buy 3 Xbox's during this product cycle because of the RRoD? Not cool, not cool at all.

'13 AFC E Champs 12-4
'14 AFC E Champs 16-0

PB: Manuel (2-QB(2), OROY), Spiller (RB), Johnson (2-WR), Goodwin (2), Chandler, Glenn (OL), Urbik, Wood (2), Hairston, Sanders, M. Williams (DL), McCord, Dareus, D. Williams (2 DROY, DB)

Alonso DPOY

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 9 13 11:25 AM

I agree with markcam 1000%. I had 4 360's since they launched them. And it was just plain dumb for them to try to impose all those restrictions on the system and games. It doesn't impress me that they can backtrack after a million people say they're not buying their console.

And yea, everything I read says the PS4 is better for gaming and 100 bucks cheaper.

Stephen

Quote    Reply   

StrokeMyBigEgo

#18 [url]

Aug 9 13 11:33 AM

I'm gonna hold off picking a new console until I see what bugs come out in both in the first few months. I just don't know if Sony's Online services will be up to par with what Xbox can offer. I'm just gonna play the waiting game I guess.

Seattle Seahawks
2013 NFC West Champions

Quote    Reply   

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

#19 [url]

Aug 9 13 1:42 PM

I'll be picking up the Xbox One once I can afford it. I'm at a point in my life were having all the mulitmedia stuff is just as important to me as the gaming part. I also have a long running hatred of Sony, I haven't bought a product from them that hasn't crapped out or falling to pieces.

I also feel like the backtracking by MS shows they are trying to listen to the customer even if they didn't get it right the first time. Its funny when people lambast a company for being a dick, and then lambast them for backtracking and trying to do the 'right thing'.

All of the online stuff and DRM stuff is probably the way of the future, MS just jumped the gun on it. I actually read some stuff that said Sony intentionally let stuff leak to MS saying they were going to be doing the same thing so they could pull the rug out from MS.

I still think the online stuff could have worked out for MS had they gone about their marketing push differently. There were a lot of cool features that were going to come along with that, that have now been lost. Everybody was focused on the once a day check in and DRM instead of the coolness and advantageous and that is not controlling the msg. MS should fire a lot of their PR people. I think Mattrick leaving was best for everybody. MS also didn't think through the DMR completely. They should have had something in place for offline play from the start, when the msg starts to become about how troops oversees aren't going to be able to play Halo or COD or whatever you know you are in trouble.

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears

Quote    Reply   

StrokeMyBigEgo

#20 [url]

Aug 9 13 2:53 PM

I'll be interested in what Microsoft does with backward compatibility. The transfer to 360 was terrible. I understand you want people to buy games on the new console, but I want to be able to play the games I already have. From what I've read, you may not be able to do that for many games.

Seattle Seahawks
2013 NFC West Champions

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help