Remove this ad

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

Site Admin

Lead

Sep 26 13 8:46 PM

Tags : :

The NCAA fans out there will be said to hear that EA has decided to cancel College Football 2014 and is evaluating what to do with the brand moving forward.

Some LINKAGE

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears
Season 1: 8-8
Season 2: 12-4
Season 3: 5-11
Season 4: 13-3
Season 5: 10-6

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

#2 [url]

Sep 26 13 9:52 PM

Re: EA Cancels College Football

I doubt they could get somthing ready by summer.

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears
Season 5: 10-6

Quote    Reply   

MarkCam24

#3 [url]

Sep 27 13 6:53 AM

I think I must be the only person in the world who that that 2k football games were terrible. I believe the legend of 2k5 far out performs the actual game. I can very vividly remember being like "Sweet, this game is only $20", then playing it for a few weeks or a month or so and then going out and buying that years Madden and never picking up 2k5 again. The only thing that I liked were the halftime highlights from around the league, but even after a few games I would skip right past those as well.

As far as NCAA goes, I've bought a lot of these games and, inevitably I basically just waste $60 for a month or two of play as soon as big brother comes out, that's what I'm playing.

'13 AFC E Champs 12-4
'14 AFC E Champs 16-0

PB: Manuel (2-QB(2), OROY), Spiller (RB), Johnson (2-WR), Goodwin (2), Chandler, Glenn (OL), Urbik, Wood (2), Hairston, Sanders, M. Williams (DL), McCord, Dareus, D. Williams (2 DROY, DB)

Alonso DPOY

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 27 13 7:30 AM

The game itself still had its flaws like every other football game back then and now.

One of the reasons we have such fond memories of 2K5 was that it was $20 and the gameplay was on par with Madden for those years.

It's online leagues were years ahead of madden in terms of functionality back then and quite frankly it wasn't until the last couple of years that Madden leagues caught up to what 2K% had many years ago.

Even this year;s madden still doesn't have basic things that 2K5 had. Here is just a quick list off the top of my head:

sim win/loss
play log
pass/run %
rum left/center/ right %
ability to set players to a formation and SAVE it for future games
defensive assignments that worked.

Quote    Reply   

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

#5 [url]

Sep 27 13 8:55 AM

The ability to download your opponents play style and practice against it (although it only sort of worked).

Bears and Bucs wrote:
The game itself still had its flaws like every other football game back then and now.

One of the reasons we have such fond memories of 2K5 was that it was $20 and the gameplay was on par with Madden for those years.

It's online leagues were years ahead of madden in terms of functionality back then and quite frankly it wasn't until the last couple of years that Madden leagues caught up to what 2K% had many years ago.

Even this year;s madden still doesn't have basic things that 2K5 had. Here is just a quick list off the top of my head:

sim win/loss
play log
pass/run %
rum left/center/ right %
ability to set players to a formation and SAVE it for future games
defensive assignments that worked.

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears