Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 10 13 10:56 AM

Tags : :

Was interested in seeing how many people in this league would want to do a small fantasy league. It would be same rules as our league but with the more active people in the league so we could do a 2-day advance (at midnight est). Again, this is for the more active players in the league that find themselves waiting on the others to adv. Additionally, I have my own set of all-madden sliders that make for a pretty sim experience (unlike that of what we see against cpu games in NoDB). This would be utilized because most of our regular season games would be against cpu. So, let me know what you guys think. If you would definitely be interested, post below so I can get a head count.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

MarkCam24

#1 [url]

Oct 10 13 11:16 AM

Re: Fantasy league

I'd potentially be interested in this Vols.

'13 AFC E Champs 12-4
'14 AFC E Champs 16-0

PB: Manuel (2-QB(2), OROY), Spiller (RB), Johnson (2-WR), Goodwin (2), Chandler, Glenn (OL), Urbik, Wood (2), Hairston, Sanders, M. Williams (DL), McCord, Dareus, D. Williams (2 DROY, DB)

Alonso DPOY

Quote    Reply   

StrokeMyBigEgo

#4 [url]

Oct 10 13 8:18 PM

aren't the sliders different for cpu and player games? also, i dont mind the cpu the way it is here...i like the way that cpu games aren't just easy wins. especially if we are playing a lot of cpu games.

Seattle Seahawks
2013 NFC West Champions

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 10 13 8:28 PM

We could do whatever sliders you guys wanted. Could just use these since that's what we're all use to and tweak if we agreed to. Would like to get one more maybe. I think 6 would be a good number. How do you all suggest we do teams? Open to all? Or assign a number to Afc and NFC?

Quote    Reply   

MarkCam24

#6 [url]

Oct 10 13 8:44 PM

My two cents:

I have only played one game Vs. the CPU here and their passing game was complete B.S.. I wasn't able to get any pressure whatsoever and he hit every single pass. This was also against the Jets and Geno and Sanchez when Geno got hurt, so it wasn't like I was playing a top passing team. However, this could have been a result of my team as the Bills are very young and needed a lot of progression in a lot of areas. Also, their defense was too easy to score off of I felt.

As far as teams, I would suggest that we do it similar to my failed attempt at a league last year. One division in the AFC and one in the NFC. That way we maximize the User vs. User games and still have the chance to have User v. User Super Bowl. I think 8 teams would be perfect if we could get another 2 very active owners (where's Igot5for20 in this?). The ones in this thread are great and I can see a lot of advances after only one day happening here.

'13 AFC E Champs 12-4
'14 AFC E Champs 16-0

PB: Manuel (2-QB(2), OROY), Spiller (RB), Johnson (2-WR), Goodwin (2), Chandler, Glenn (OL), Urbik, Wood (2), Hairston, Sanders, M. Williams (DL), McCord, Dareus, D. Williams (2 DROY, DB)

Alonso DPOY

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 10 13 8:49 PM

Yeah I like that idea for the divisions because then we'd at least get to see some of the better chosen teams as CPU usually turn out terribly. As far as sliders, I have a pretty good set in one of my offline franchises that I'm gonna take a closer look at and maybe try a test game with someone to see how it plays out in player/player games. I'd like to hopefully draft this weekend if you guys are available

Quote    Reply   

MarkCam24

#8 [url]

Oct 10 13 8:55 PM

Synn is out of the country I believe he has said. CPU actually drafts surprisingly well in this years Fantasy Drafts (and in the yearly drafts as well).

'13 AFC E Champs 12-4
'14 AFC E Champs 16-0

Alonso DPOY

Quote    Reply   

StrokeMyBigEgo

#9 [url]

Oct 10 13 9:29 PM

I won't be available to draft this weekend. I think the idea of just filling one division in each conference would work well. I've played CPU twice and I would rather they be tough to play than too easy.

Seattle Seahawks
2013 NFC West Champions

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 10 13 11:43 PM

Ok we'll shoot for next week on the draft

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

synnnn

#11 [url]

Oct 11 13 4:01 AM

Yeah I would really love to be a part of this as I haven't been in a legit fantasy league in several years and think they can be pretty cool if active (and the blueprint here seems sound). I am currently chilling at the Tokyo airport far away from my xbox and won't be back until the night of the 18th (next Friday night). I recognize that's quite a while to wait, and if you guys feel you need to draft without me I understand, but I'd enjoy being able to draft with you if possible. I can do it anytime after next Friday night.

As for CPU games, I've only played one (this week vs. the rams). I was legitimately worried that the rams would upset me given the apparently absurd sliders, but that forced me to just play a complete game. The CPU here seems to play pretty much error-free but conservative, unlike many users that are error-prone but aggressive. I think it's just a different play style and if you know you need to play more conservatively vs. the CPU they are beatable. I do agree with stroke that I hope whatever sliders we do decide on are challenging at least, though hopefully not annoyingly so as was the case with mark vs. the jets.

In any case, I'm excited for this league.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Oct 11 13 11:15 AM

I agree with all. If we do draft on the weekend it will have to be after 6pm est, and i wont be home this saturday. I can do sunday though after 6

TN Titans - Superbowl or bust

Stephen

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Oct 12 13 6:50 AM

If you guys ask Apostle he might be able to make a sub-forum for you. He has to be careful where is goes because too many sub forums ends up breaking the webpage

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 13 13 9:29 AM

synnnn wrote:
Yeah I would really love to be a part of this as I haven't been in a legit fantasy league in several years and think they can be pretty cool if active (and the blueprint here seems sound). I am currently chilling at the Tokyo airport far away from my xbox and won't be back until the night of the 18th (next Friday night). I recognize that's quite a while to wait, and if you guys feel you need to draft without me I understand, but I'd enjoy being able to draft with you if possible. I can do it anytime after next Friday.

We will do it after Friday then. We'll make it happen this weekend. Don't forget to go to the team selection thread and pick your team

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help