Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 15 13 7:16 PM

Tags : :

Do you think a player's weight actually has any effect on game play? If so how much? In what way? For the purposes of discussion I want you to consider two DT's. They have the exact same attributes. The only difference is one weighs 285 pounds and the other weighs 305 pounds. Remember ALL of their other attributes are identical.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Nov 16 13 5:26 PM

Re: weight?

Right but that factors in speed as well. I'm looking at just weight,where everything else is the same. If everything else is exactly the same does weight influence gameplay?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 16 13 6:40 PM

SilentStriker09 wrote:
As long as the speed, acc, and agi are the same I don't see why it would.

Unless the physics engine takes it into account.

That is what I am getting at.......do the players truly have a "weight"? If weight is accounted for than it should be visible with the game. The heavier player in this otherwise identical pair should have more momentum which means with the exact same agility/acceleration they should have a harder time changing directions but hit with more force.

Maybe it is my skeptical nature regarding EA but somehow I don't feel players truly have weight.

Quote    Reply   

MarkCam24

#5 [url]

Nov 17 13 12:24 PM

I don't think it means jack shit besides their appearance on the field.

'13 AFC E Champs 12-4
'14 AFC E Champs 16-0

PB: Manuel (2-QB(2), OROY), Spiller (RB), Johnson (2-WR), Goodwin (2), Chandler, Glenn (OL), Urbik, Wood (2), Hairston, Sanders, M. Williams (DL), McCord, Dareus, D. Williams (2 DROY, DB)

Alonso DPOY

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

The 13fhApostle

Hall of Famer

#6 [url]

Nov 19 13 12:30 PM

When you create a player and make them fat they get bigger, so my best guess is all weight does is control the actual size of the player, which would come into play when players are trying to squeeze through holes, fat guys just take up more space.

Dr. Chuck

Chicago Bears
Season 1: 8-8
Season 2: 12-4
Season 3: 5-11
Season 4: 13-3
Season 5: 10-6

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 19 13 7:22 PM

The 13fhApostle wrote:
When you create a player and make them fat they get bigger, so my best guess is all weight does is control the actual size of the player, which would come into play when players are trying to squeeze through holes, fat guys just take up more space.

That is what I was thinking. How is it possible to have a "physics" engine that does not take into effect weight/mass? I smell another class action lawsuit.

Quote    Reply   

StrokeMyBigEgo

#8 [url]

Nov 19 13 7:28 PM

I would think having 2 RBs who have every other attribute the same, the heavier RB would be harder to bring down or would at least be more likely to fall forward when tackled.

Seattle Seahawks
2013 NFC West Champions

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 19 13 9:37 PM

StrokeMyBigEgo wrote:
I would think having 2 RBs who have every other attribute the same, the heavier RB would be harder to bring down or would at least be more likely to fall forward when tackled.

I would like this to be true but am not sure it is.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help